Rosae Dormientes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rosae Dormientes

Home of the Visual Novel Rosae Dormientes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Change of Plans

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Waytfm
Admin

Change of Plans Empty
PostSubject: Change of Plans   Change of Plans EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:34 am

So, I have some potentially upsetting news. The other developers and I have been having some second thoughts about the nature of the project and what we want to do.

This project was inspired by Katawa Shoujo. When I first read it, I was amazed that a few dedicated nobodies could release such a powerful work. I knew that I wanted to do the same. I might not have dreamed of reaching the same amount of success of KS, but I knew I wanted to try my hand a crafting something that even just a few people might like. That's why I joined this project. I think the rest of the devs will agree with me on this.

So we set out on our journey. We started work on this project, influenced heavily by KS. We wanted to recreate that story. We wanted to emulate it. To clarify, we went out of our way to avoid blatantly ripping-off KS, but to say that there were deep and profound differences between the two would be stretching it.

Now, like I said earlier, us devs have been having doubts and second thoughts about the path we're on for a while now, and Rykthrall finally brought all that to a head within the past few days.

Basically, it breaks down like this; we're doing everything wrong. When we started out, we wanted to recapture the essence of Katawa Shoujo. Now, nine months after KS's release, our feelings have changed. We can't bring anything new to the premise of people with disabilities at school. The project as is would only rehash KS without adding anything meaningful to it. That might be fine, if that's what we wanted to do, but it's not.

All in all, we wouldn't enjoy creating this project, and for something like this, that's really the only thing that matters.

So, we've decided to start from scratch. Right now we're discussing what we want to do. I don't even know where this project will go from here, so I can't exactly pass along any details. I hope you'll continue to follow us, at least until we figure out what the hell we want to do.

Thanks for listening Smile
Back to top Go down

Change of Plans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rosae Dormientes :: Public Forum :: News-
Jump to: